terms and conditions
Please be sure you read and understand our terms and conditions before placing any booking confirmation.
Terms and Conditions:
Thank you for choosing The Removal Brothers for your move. Please read our terms and conditions in case there might be any type of misunderstandings, and to help clarify responsibilities on both sides.
You accept that you have read and agreed to our terms and conditions before booking a job with us.
- Removalist Services
- All the quotes given on the phone or discussed with in person are just an estimation and are never a fixed price for your move. We provide a quote for the number of trucks and removalists, so we can give a time estimation of the move which is based on the information you have provided. This does not guarantee that the job will be completed within a certain timeframe.
DATE AND TIME
- You acknowledge and accept that any date or pick up time being told by us is only indicative and is not guaranteed to be met. If there is a date or pick up time which we cannot reasonably meet, we reserve the right to change that date or time before the move.
CLEAN ITEMS, SUITABLE BOXES, LOOSE ITEMS
- We expect your items to meet a standard of cleanliness and we reserve the right to refuse moving items to be considered dirty by our movers. All your items should be put into boxes suitable for moving and properly packed. We will not move boxes that are not strong enough to carry the items, nor be responsible if anything breaks inside of these. We do not carry loose items as they make the truck load unstable.
DANGEROUS ITEMS, BALCONY LIFTS, LPG GAS CYLINDERS, PETROL CANS etc.
- If the movers believe there are risks involved in moving an item or to undertake any moving activity, we have the right to refuse to take the work.
- In case a balcony lift is needed, the supervisor will state if it´s safe to be done. We reserve the right to refuse balcony lifts that are considered dangerous or if the removalists are uncomfortable doing them.
Balcony lifts will be an extra charge, and the amount has to be agreed between the supervisor and client.
We do not carry LPG gas cylinders nor petrol cans.
PARKING IN NO STOPPING ZONES
The only way we would park in a no stopping zone to load or unload the truck is if you agree to take full responsibility and payment for the potential fine.
Local Moves – Greater Sydney –
PRICES, HOURLY RATE, CALLOUT/CALLBACK FEES
- Our prices are $155 per hour PLUS GST and additional charges are in every 30 minute increments. Depending on the pick up or drop off, a callout or call back fee might be applied.
- Our rates are NOT a fixed price sum.
STARTING AND FINISHING TIME
The time starts from the moment our removalists arrive to the pick-up location and finishes once we drop the last item of the truck, unless you require assistance in organizing and assembling your items.
We charge a minimum of 3 hours from Monday to Thursday. There is a minimum of 4 hours on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Sundays incur a 15% surcharge.
- In case you need rubbish removal services, our removalists will go to a waste center suitable for the rubbish you have. You will have to pay for the tip bill plus the time it takes the movers to finish the job. This amount must be paid as soon as you receive the tip bill, where you will be able to double check the time when the truck has left the waste center.
- Specialist Items
We need to be notified in advance if we are moving any of the following items:
- Double door or french door fridges
- Any item made from marble
- Glass table tops or glass cabinets
- Pool tables
- Large pot plants (which have to be dry, otherwise they´re too heavy to carry)
- Any type of animal enclosures
- Any items heavier than 80kg
- Any items larger than 3 meters in length
- Delicate items (that you wish to have special precautions taken)
We reserve the right to NOT move any of the above listed items if we were not informed of the possession of these. There might be additional charges for moving any of the above items.
In case the movers agree with you, to still move the items, we will not be made liable of damages while moving this items, we do not take any responsibility as they are a high risk move.
- Your Obligations and Warranties
- You warrant that the information you have provided to us is accurate.
- You agree that we will not be responsible for goods not collected or any loss or damage to any items if you or a person acting on your behalf is not present during the move.
- You should inspect all your goods once the move is done. If there is any loss or damage to any goods that you consider it´s been caused by us, please notify the supervisors or directors no later than 48 hours after the completion of the job. We will not be responsible if you advise us after 48 hours of the job´s completion.
- We expect you to be polite. We understand that moving is a stressful situation, but under to circumstances do we deserve to be disrespected. We don´t tolerate rude behavior and we reserve the right not to complete a job if you or the people in your property are not acting in a professional manner.
- The movers will do what they can in terms of removing items from walls or disconnecting and re-connecting appliances, however they are not plumbers, electricians nor handyman so we cannot guarantee that the completion of these jobs will be at a trading standard.
If we cannot deliver your items because there is no authorized person to receive them or because we cannot gain access to the property or for any other reason beyond our control, we will be entitled to leave the goods in our trucks, therefore we will be entitled to charge an additional amount for overnight storage and for the subsequent re-delivery of your items.
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations or reschedules placed at least 48 hours prior the arrival to the pick-up location will incur no fee. However, if the request is passed this time frame, we will charge you the full booking amount.
- If we have to cancel your move for any reason your deposit will be refunded.
- Payment and Deposits
- A $100 deposit is required to secure your booking. The deposit is non-refundable and will be deducted from the total amount once the job is finished.
- You must pay the full amount due (with the deposit reduction) on completion of the move either by cash or bank transfer. You must ensure that you have the payment available in either cash or in your bank account. We accept Credit card payments which have an extra 2% surcharge.
- If the payment of the remaining amount is not received within seven days of the completion of the move, the collection of the amount due will be passed to a debt collection agency and you will be subject to the debt collection agency fees in addition to their interest charges.
- We accept cash, bank transfer or credit card (extra 2%) as forms of payment. Cheques are not accepted.
- Vehicle Sizes
- We always try to always quote the correct trucks for your move. However, our decisions are based on the information you provided. We will not be liable if the truck provided is too small for a single move and multiple moves are required.
- Each truck carries around 20 cubic meters, they are all 4.5 ton trucks.
- Please advise of any loading docks height clearance as our trucks have a height clearance of 3.1m.
- Method of Carriage and Subcontractors
- We will carry the goods by any reasonable route. If there are tolls involved, these will have to be paid by you, unless it´s the Harbour Bridge or Harbour Tunnel. The amount will be added to the final bill. Consider that truck tolls are around 3-4 times more expensive than a car toll.
- We reserve the right to subcontract removalists services if we need to.
- Insurance & Loss/Damage to Property
- The Removal Brothers has Public Liability Insurance.
- We will take all the necessary care to ensure that your goods arrive safely, but there may be circumstances where we are not responsible or liable for any damage to your goods. If we believe that the item to be carried are already in a bad shape or they are extremely fragile, there´s already a risk carrying it beforehand. This will be told to you prior moving the item, where we will state that we are not responsible in case the item gets damaged.
- Loss or Damage
- We will not be liable for any damage to the goods inside the boxes. Boxes are stacked in the truck and fragile items need to be properly protected, under your responsibility. The Removal Brothers takes no responsibility for goods damaged during transport that were not adequately protected with butchers paper, shrink wrap, bubble wrap or any other material that could protect your items.
- In case there is a damaged item, you will still need to complete payment upon the completion of the job. For any damage claim, you will need to contact the office so the normal process of claims can be followed.
- We will replace an item for the same or similar product that was damaged, otherwise financially pay for the item according to its market value, not as a new item.
- In terms of repairing goods, we have the option to compensate you, by paying you the value of the damaged goods, second hand market value, prior to the accident.
- If you or someone on-site that is not one of our movers assists with the loading or unloading of your goods into or out of our truck, you may not be covered by our insurance policies.
- Packing Materials
- All packaging materials are an additional cost to the client. Please organize your boxes and packing materials directly with The Removal Brothers. We will be able to provide all the packing materials you need, plus a delivery fee.
- Our removalists will not collect used butchers paper or rubbish. It is the clients’ duty to dispose these. However, in some cases we can collect your boxes once you have unpacked.
- Packing and Unpacking Services
- We offer packing and unpacking services. These are available at a minimum of 2 persons for 3 hours, the hourly rate for 2 packers is $140 per hour plus GST. There is a minimum of 3 hours, which would be $420.
- There is no guarantee to the amount of time the packing/unpacking work will take. Generally, 2 packers can pack around 8-10 boxes per hour, depending how fragile your items are.
- It is your responsibility to ensure there are adequate boxes and packaging materials unless you have agreed that we will provide them. In a 3-hour session, you should have at least 25 boxes available along with packaging tape and butchers paper (1Kg of butchers paper every 5 boxes)
- If you cancel the packing booking with a 48 hours or more notice, you will get your $100 deposit back. If it is less than 48 hours, you will be charged for the full amount.
- We will not be responsible for any damage or lost items related to our packing or unpacking services. If you have any jewelry or valuable items of concern, we recommend you pack and store these items and not have our packers pack them for you.
- The Removal Brothers has the right to not pack or unpack in any property that is not considered to be at an unreasonable hygiene level. If your property and/or goods are not considered clean we have the right to not undertake the work.